skip to content

Health and wellbeing


NELC SEND Local Offer | Health Passport – NELC SEND Local Offer (

A health passport is a document that parents, carers and children can complete that tells medical and health care professionals everything that is important around your child’s diagnoses, their current health and care needs, and what is and isn’t helpful for them when they are being treated. It can make accessing and receiving medical and health care easier for your child and your family.

GPs, Pharmacies and Dentists

Find a GP, pharmacy, and dentist. Use the Minor Ailment scheme if you do not pay for prescriptions.

NELC SEND Local Offer | Sleep (

Free sleep support, training, and useful links.

Health: Self help

Links to health apps and the NHS website.

Medicines For Children

We provide practical and reliable advice about giving medicine to your child.

Equipment and wheelchairs

Wheelchair loans, personal wheelchair budgets and equipment and adaptations to support daily living.

Communication and interaction

If your child needs extra support with communication and interaction you need to speak to your school Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) or SEND Outreach Team.

NELC SEND Local Offer | Speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)

What can I do to help, what services are out there for my child, how to make a referral and more.

Cognition and learning

First steps to support your child’s cognition and learning. Speaking to your child’s school SENCO and using the Specialist Advisory Service

Physical disability

Spotting the signs of a physical disability and how to get support

Hearing and vision

The Educational Team for Hearing and Vision offer a wide range of services to support children and young people who have been diagnosed with hearing and/or vision loss from birth to leaving school

Community and hospital services

  • Speech and language
  • Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy
  • Dietitians
  • Children’s Continence Service
  • Adult ADHD and ASD Services
  • Adult Learning Disability Team

Neurodevelopmental Conditions

  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
  • Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)/ Dyspraxia
  • Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
  • Intellectual Disability/Learning Disability Sensory Needs
  • Tourette Syndrome (TS)

Learning Disabilities

Learning disability annual health checks for 14 plus

An annual health check helps you stay well by talking about your health and finding any problems early, so you get the right care.

Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust | Learning Disabilities (

We help support people with learning disabilities and autism, and their families and carers across the hospitals.


Home – NCYPD Network (

Children and young people with diabetes.

Type 1 diabetes in children – NHS (

New online support site for people with Type 1 diabetes.

Home – DigiBete

DigiBete is a video platform app to help young people, families and communities to manage Type 1 Diabetes. It is a social enterprise funded by NHS England with all content clinically approved by the Diabetes Team at Leeds Children’s Hospital.

Midwives, health visitors and school nurses

Midwives for pregnancy, birth and afterwards. Health visiting for 0-5 years, school nurses for 5-19 years.

Home (

This website provides parents, carers, pregnant women and birthing people, babies, children and young people across North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, the East Riding, Hull, North Yorkshire, and York with consistent and high-quality advice from local health professionals.

You’ll find clear information on common childhood illnesses, including advice on what ‘red-flag’ signs to look out for, where to seek help if required and how long your child’s symptoms are likely to last.

Maternal Wellbeing Service – LiveWell (

This free service supports you to maintain your health and wellbeing from pregnancy until baby’s first birthday. A personal practitioner for helps with things like, anxiety, stress, housing, children and family issues, financial concerns, alcohol and more.

Complex care

  • Children’s Complex Health Team
  • Designated Clinical Officer for SEND
  • Children’s Continuing Health Care
  • Personal Health Budgets
  • Children’s Nurse Educator
  • Complex Health Nurse
  • Nurse in School (Humberston Park)
  • St Andrew’s Hospice


Social, emotional and mental health

Includes links to local mental health providers for children and young people as well as info on:

  • ADHD
  • OCD
  • Eating concerns and disorders
  • Anxiety, stress and worry
  • Low mood and depression
  • Sleep
  • Trauma and PTSD
  • Self-harm
  • Exam stress

Free, online counselling, Compass GO wellbeing support working closely with schools, and mental health support referrals from NAViGO.

Visit Kooth.

Kooth is commissioned by the Local Authority to provide free, anonymous counselling and wellbeing support to young people aged 11-19.

The site relies on text-based interaction. Below you will find some of the accessibility features of the site, and adaptations they can make for users with SEND.

Inclusion and adaptations for SEND

If someone has learning difficulties or learning needs, we would look to adapt our approach to their strengths and explore ways to accommodate their needs in a person-centred and collaborative way.

This may include:

  • Adaptations to cognitive difficulties
  • Adapting how we present information
  • Giving you more time in the chat function with our counsellors to read and respond to information
  • Enhanced use of visual information and material
  • Break-down of material/interventions in smaller steps
  • Use of simple language to accommodate your ability
  • Relying more on concrete/less abstract language
  • Allowing in-session breaks etc.

We are also happy to liaise with other external agencies, if an individual consents to this, to ensure joined up care.

Web accessibility

We also ensure our platforms meet the Web Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA.

Following these guidelines makes content more accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities, including accommodations for:

  • Visual and hearing loss and impairments
  • Limited movement
  • Language and speech disabilities
  • Photosensitivity
  • Learning disabilities and cognitive limitations

We have clinical Team members with expertise in evidence-based interventions for those with Intellectual Disabilities and/or Autism Spectrum Disorders/SEND.

We offer ongoing support and guidance to service delivery staff working with those with Intellectual Disability, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and SEND.

All delivery staff complete a Level 2 Dyslexia Awareness course.

If Kooth can not adapt sufficiently to meet the users needs, we would signpost individuals to other services that may be able to support them better.

Ultimately, we always prioritise what we feel will best support each service user based on their unique needs.

Compass GO Mental Health Support Team

Compass GO… Mental Health Support Team works with children, young people, families and educational settings in North East Lincolnshire. We provide support, help and advice for pupils, students and schools for issues related to emotional and mental health wellbeing. Compass GO… currently have full school coverage of the North East Lincolnshire borough but please call our duty line to clarify if needed.

Referral to mental health services.

Online workshops for parent carers to support their children on things like anxiety, and mood. Self-help for young people, and signposting to other support and resources.

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (Young Minds Matter) :: NAViGO (

Eating Disorders (

  • What you can do to support someone with an eating disorder.
  • PEACE, eating disorders and autism
  • BEAT- The UK’s Eating Disorder Charity
  • FREED- through NAViGO- Age 17.5-25

Inclusion: LGBT+ group for 16 to 25-year olds :: NAViGO (

Inclusion is our weekly peer-to-peer group for young people who are members and allies of North East Lincolnshire’s LGBT+ community.