skip to content

Where can I find independent help and support?

Independent support

If you need some support outside of the services run by the Local Authority take a look at these independently run support groups.

Support from us

To find out more have a look at the Parents and carers or Children and young people areas of our local offer.

Humber, Coast and Vale Keyworker Service

The new Keyworker service is being developed as a response to the NHS England long term plan commitment that by 2023/24 children and young people with a learning disability, autism, or both, with the most complex needs will have a designated Keyworker.

The Keyworking function is an important response to ensuring children, young people and families get the right support at the right time, and that local systems are responsive to meeting their needs in a holistic and joined up way.

Find out more. NELC SEND Local Offer | Humber, Coast and Vale Keyworker Service (

Financial support

Caring for a child or young person with additional needs can mean you encounter more financial pressures. There is support out there, both locally and nationally. Go to our Money and benefits page for details of the help available.

Department for Education

For information from the Department for Education go to GOV.UK – SEN.

Appeal or make a complaint

Find out how to Appeal or make a complaint.