skip to content

GPs, Pharmacies and Dentists

Disability Liaison Nurses

We help support people with learning disabilities and autism, and their families and carers across the hospitals. Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust | Learning Disabilities (


It is important that you and your family are registered with a GP. You can search for GPs on NHS – Find a GP.

If your child have SEND they could be eligible to be put on the GP Disability Register.

This way, they can get support like a free Annual Health Check, and reasonable adjustments during their visit.

Join The Learning Disability Register – Don’t Miss Out | Mencap

The NHS App lets you book GP appointments, order repeat prescriptions and access a range of other healthcare services.


Pharmacists can provide you with much more than just dispensing medicine, they can offer you advice on treating many minor illnesses such as coughs and colds, or long-term conditions such as asthma, arthritis or diabetes.

They can also give you advice on keeping healthy by eating well, stopping smoking and taking part in exercise. You can search for your nearest pharmacy on NHS – Find a pharmacy.

Minor Ailment Scheme

Everyone can go to their pharmacy for free advice or to buy medicines for minor illnesses, however there is a Minor Ailments scheme operating within North East Lincolnshire for anyone who does not pay for their prescriptions. 

The pharmacy team will be able to give advice and medicines free of charge for certain conditions without the need to see a doctor. For more information about this service go to Community Pharmacy.


Do you need to find a dentist in North East Lincolnshire?

You can search for dentists who are taking on new patients, located close to your home or are offering emergency NHS appointments. To do this go to NHS – Find a dentist.

Use NHS 111 online if you do not have a dentist and you need urgent dental treatment.

Specialist Dental Services for Children and Young People with SEND

The community dental service provides specialist dental services for children and young people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, or mental health problems who may find it difficult to access mainstream dental services.

Find more information and access community dental service.