Specialist advisory service: Supporting schools
Contact the SAS
Specialist Advisory Service (SAS)
The Specialist Advisory Service is a small team of advisory teachers with specialisms in cognition and learning, communication and interaction and social and emotional and mental health needs.
Here are some of the ways that the Specialist Advisory Service can support you and your school during the summer term 2022:
- reviews of progress and attainment for those children and young people already being supported at ‘agency-involved,’ SEN Support
- advice, guidance and information to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo) and school staff on best inclusive practice for school-identified children with SEND
- advice and guidance to SENDCOs on specific areas of SEND (including the Code of Practice, SEN support, the statutory process in NE Lincs and the graduated approach)
- diverse types and methods of training, including termly SENDCo Forums, training for new SENDCos, formal training on identified areas of SEND, capacity building and virtual sessions
- resource packages available on NELC website
If you are a teacher and think a child in your class would benefit from the support of a specialist advisory teacher, you can discuss the matter with your SENDCo. The SENDCo will bring the concern for advice and guidance to the Specialist Advisory Service, if appropriate.
Read their latest newsletters
Specialist Advisory Service, Civic Offices, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes, DN35 8LN
Telephone: 01472 323183. Due to increased demand, lines will only be open between 1-2.30pm.