12:45 pm, Friday, 29th October 2021
North East Lincolnshire Council (The Authority) is commissioning a Provider to fulfil the Local Authority’s duties to provide a Special Educational Needs and Disability Information and Advice Support Service Provider (SENDIASS) as required by the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice 0-25 years.
The SENDIASS Tender was published on 28 October 2021 and will run for 30 days closing Monday, 29 November 2021 at 12pm.
Find out more information on the tender. Public quote/tender – Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Information Advice & Support Service (SENDIASS).
We have worked together with young people and parents/carers of children with SEND to write a specification that meets the needs of families.
Key changes parents/carers have asked for are in the new specification and include:
- They are able to offer to meet parents/carers and young people aged 16-25 years in person in a range of different meeting locations across the North East Lincolnshire community. These locations may include but are not limited to: Schools, Family Hubs, Libraries. Parking should be available nearby.
- They are able to provide a wide choice of means of communication to young people and parents/carers including text, virtual meetings e.g. zoom, Teams, telephone calls and Live Chat.
- Regular evenings sessions for Live Chat, telephone calls or text are offered to parents/carers and young people aged 16-25 at from 7pm-10pm in order to make communication easier and accessible for busy working families.
- A designated worker for young people aged 16-25 years is in place and has the appropriate training to support this age group.
- The designated support worker for 16-25 year olds regularly meets with young people to offer SEND information, advice and guidance at locations suited to this age group’s needs and interests such e.g. Youth Clubs.
- A ‘Tell us once approach’ is taken with a query line available and advice offered ‘there and then’ where possible, rather than taking details and passing it through for a phone call back.
- Training is offered to education settings to support the understanding of the SEND Code of Practice.
- Advice and support videos are regularly added to the provider’s website/Facebook for parents/carers and young people to access.
If you are a parent/carer and would like to read the tenders we receive and be part of the panel that commissions the new SENDIASS on Thursday, 2 December from 9.30am-5pm via Microsoft Teams please contact Lauren.Thompson@nelincs.gov.uk or call 01472 323337. You will be most welcome and your input will be very important.