12:00 pm, Wednesday, 1st February 2023
NE Lincs SENCo Newsletter- Tuesday, 31 January 2023
31 January 2023. Issue 3
Welcome to the Spring edition of our NE Lincs SENCo Newsletter.
Take a look below at what’s just out or coming up… and don’t forget all the info is available on
Clare Linfitt (SEND Services Manager) Call: 07974 082474
Delivering Better Value (DBV) in SEND Workshop Consultation Event Invitation
North East Lincolnshire Council have participated in the DfE’s Delivering Better Value in SEND programme which aims to support local authorities improve delivery of SEND services for children and young people while ensuring services are sustainable.
You are invited to attend a workshop consultation event to hear more about the programme, work that has been undertaken so far and the DBV diagnostic assessment findings. You will also have opportunity to contribute to ideas for use of potential funding.
Plans for use of the potential funding to support activity to support addressing the diagnostic findings will be sent to DfE approval. Following DfE approval, funding will be available hopefully from April 2023.
The workshop event is being repeated, therefore you only need to come to one of the sessions.
- Date: Monday 6 February Time: 1pm-4.30pm
- Venue: Grimsby Town Hall, Assembly Room
- Parking: Nearest car park – Grimsby multi- story car park, Abbey Walk
- Click this link to book your place – Delivering Better Value (DBV) in SEND Consultation Event Tickets, Mon 6 Feb 2023 at 13:00 | Eventbrite
- Date: Thursday 9 February Time: 9am-12.30pm
- Venue: Innovation Centre, Europarc Parking: there is limited parking on site
- Click this link to book your place – Delivering Better Value (DBV) in SEND Consultation Event Tickets, Thu 9 Feb 2023 at 09:00 | Eventbrite
Nominate a star for a SEND Award. Nominations are now open!
North East Lincolnshire Council’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Awards is a fantastic way of celebrating our local areas amazing children and young people with SEND and the unsung heroes who support them and make a real difference to the lives of children and young people with additional needs and their families.
This is a chance to showcase all of the brilliant achievements by people doing extraordinary things, and to show what can be achieved when we help each other and work together. Who do you know who deserves to shine in 2023?
Events and Training
Please see link to the Training and Events Calendar here – NELC SEND Local Offer | Autism and Exclusions (nelincs.gov.uk) to see all the training and events on offer, this is updated regularly so do bookmark this page and keep checking back for new additions!
Recently added are dates for Makaton Courses and our AET Training Offer for the full academic year. More information can be found on the link above, however if you require any further details, please email email@example.com.
SENCO Cluster Groups
Cluster Groups will include representatives from Education, Health, Social Care, and 3 Sector organisations.
All future SENCO Cluster Groups will be taking place via Microsoft TEAMs from 3.30-4.30pm – click the links below to book your place.
Meridian SENCo cluster group
Central SENCo cluster group
Five Ways SENCo cluster group
Immingham SENCo cluster group
Wolds SENCo cluster group
Post 16 settings can also take part in termly SENCO meetings via Microsoft TEAMs from 3.30-4.30pm – click the links below to book your place.
Coffee Mornings for Parent/Carers
Parent/Carers are welcome to join Abi (SEND Parent Engagement Champion) for a friendly chat over a coffee and a biscuit, they can drop in at any time during the session to discuss issues, be directed for support and share insight & ideas.
Our sessions are held twice a week during term time. On Mondays at Central Family Hub and on Thursday at Nunsthorpe Family Hub, from 9.30am-11.30am.
We would be grateful if you can share this information with parents of children with SEND.
SENCO Forum – Spring Term 2023
SENCo’s and education leaders from all our North East Lincolnshire early years settings, primary and secondary schools and academies and post 16 collages are most welcome at Centre 4, Wootton Road, Grimsby on Monday 27 February 9:00am -12:30pm. You will have the opportunity to visit Nunny’s Farm, speak with providers at our SEND Marketplace stalls, get to know our NE Lincs SEND Team (including our EHCP co-ordinators) and network with other NE Lincs SENOs from a variety of settings.
The focus for this term will be Learning & Cognition and the Graduated Response. We are excited to introduce you to Emily Walker from NASEN/DfE Whole School SEND as our guest speaker who will be providing a SEND and the graduated approach training session for all.
Emily is also offering FREE SENCo/ School Leader and Governor training for the Spring and Summer Term. This includes:
- SEND Training for Governors
- SENCO and Leaders training – Implementing the Techer’s Handbook whole school CPD
- SENCO and Leaders training – Sections 1, 2 and 6 of the Teacher Handbook: SEND.
- SENCO and Leaders training – Sections 3, 4 and 7 of the Teacher Handbook: SEND.
- SENCO and Leaders Training – Sections 5 & 8 of the Teacher Handbook: SEND.
Makaton in the Community
· Taster Session – Friday 3 March 12:30pm-2.30pm. £20 – click here for further information.
- Level 1 – Friday 20th January 9.30am-5.30pm £85 – click here for further information.
- Level 2 – Friday 27th January 9.30am-5.30pm £85 – click here for further information. If both level 1 and level 2 courses are booked together, the cost is discounted to £160.
Further dates can be found on the Local Offer page – NELC SEND Local Offer
· Schools – Autism and Exclusions – Wednesday 8th February from 6pm-8pm £55 – click here for further information.
- Schools – Making Sense of Autism – Tuesday 28th February from 6pm-8.30pm £15 – click here for further information.
- Early Years – Making Sense of Autism – Wednesday 1st March from 6pm-8.30pm £15 – click here for further information.
- Schools – AET Progression Framework – Tuesday 7th March from 6pm-8pm £55 – click here for further information.
- Schools – Autism and Anxiety – Tuesday 21st March from 6pm-8pm £55 – click here for further information.
All of the AET Training Sessions have a minimum number of participants required.
Training bundle bargain Book onto each course at the same time and get all of the sessions for
£250 – a saving of £20
- Schools or Early Years Making sense of Autism £15
- Schools Autism Good Practice £90
- AET progression framework £55
- Autism and anxiety £55
- Autism and exclusions £55
To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Examscreen Subscription Offer
Check out this offer from Examscreen – videos can be seen on the link.
From an autistic/SEN pupil’s point of view, it would be continuity and it can be used for all exams and tests throughout the year, so the children just get used to it for £25 with unlimited use.
Pastoral Support meeting – Early Help
Rachel Cross and her colleagues from Early Help will be leading a discussion and networking meeting for pastoral support staff, Learning Mentors, SENCOs and any other relevant staff on Wednesday 1st February at 2.30pm at Signhills Infant Academy. Information will be shared about the services provided through the local Early Help offer across all localities, and there will be the opportunity to discuss these with the Early Help team and colleagues in schools. We hope as many schools as possible will be able to attend.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, but would like to be included in future events, please let Allie know: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you there!