1:04 pm, Friday, 21st January 2022
Join the first Autism in Schools Parents Supporting Parents Forum
Join the first Autism in Schools Parents Supporting Parents Forum on Tuesday, 8 February from 9:30am to 11:30am.
The Forum is held at Grimsby Town Hall, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU.
The forum in being led by Nicola Chappel who is leading the Parents Supporting Parents section of the project. She is being supported by Abi Fleming, the SEND Parent Engagement Champion.
This forum is a part of the Autism in Schools project. Through the Autism in Schools project, we will work with 10 local mainstream schools to improve the way that they support children with autism.
The forum is a place to listen and understand parents challenges and difficulties and recruit further parent autism champions to support on-going forums.
The people involved in this forum will co-produce the final offer of support.
Other key actions will be developed following engagement and co-production workshops.
Parents Supporting Parents Forum
- The forums will be held on a Tuesday morning, 9.30am – 11.30am
- There will be one forum every half term
- Future forum dates will be arranged for the rest of the academic year by the end of next month and shared with everyone.
- Raffle tickets will be given every time you attend a forum to be entered into a prize draw at the end of the project
Four areas of Autism in Schools:
- Autism in School Approach
- ‘Understanding Myself’ Engagement Work with children and young people
- Parents Supporting Parents Forum
- Autism and Neurodiversity Training Offer
Learn more about the Autism in Schools project.