- This event has passed.
SI training for non-specialist managers
September 20, 2023 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Online via Microsoft Teams
Who is this training for?
This training is for non-specialist team or service managers, or heads of schools with resource bases, with responsibility for the sensory impairment workforce for children and young people who are deaf, vision- or multisensory-impaired.
You may be new to managing an SI team or currently in post and would like to further develop your knowledge and effective leadership of your service to get the best outcomes for this low incidence group of children and young people within SEND.
The training will cover
- An introduction to SI and how it can impact on access to learning
- The role of the SI specialist team 0-25 and why do we need them?
- Specialist provision – the continuum
- Service modelling – developing effective provision for the future
- Management of staff and the importance of continuing professional development
The session will be interactive and provide opportunities for discussion and to ask questions as we explore a variety of themes.
Learn more- https://sendlocaloffer.nelincs.gov.uk/this-september-si-training-for-non-specialist-managers/