2:03 pm, Wednesday, 10th August 2022
Be part of a national engagement group for children and young people with SEND
The Council for Disabled Children are looking for disabled young people and young people with special educational needs aged 12 – 25 years old to be part of our young people’s advisory group FLARE. FLARE stands for Friendship, Learning, Achieve, Reach and Empower.
FLARE represents the views and voices of young people with special educational needs and disabilities all over England. FLARE works together to share their views and experiences to help the Department for Education and other teams to understand how disabled children and young people and those with SEN want to receive the support and services they need.
What will you do?
- Share your experiences and expertise
- Give feedback and advice
- Talk to professionals about how to make positive changes to improve things for all disabled young people
- Take part in 6 meetings a year
What will you gain?
- Get to meet and work with new people
- Get to share your views and ideas
- Gain new skills
- Help to make support and services reflect what disabled children and young people think
You will need to send your application to Ga-Ling at email@example.com by Monday 26th September at 5pm.
Find out more and apply. FLARE Recruitment (councilfordisabledchildren.org.uk)