1:54 pm, Tuesday, 12th July 2022
Autism in Schools – Celebration Event
The Autism in Schools project concluded their pilot programme with a celebration even on Tuesday 5 July.
The event was held at the Grimsby Town Hall.
It was led by Lauren King, Senior Commissioning Manager (Families Mental Health and Disabilities Team) and practitioners and speakers including:
- Abi Fleming, SEND Parent Engagement Champion
- Amy Chilvers, Business Support
- Gemma Dabb, Service Manager, Families, Mental Health and Disabilities Team
- Harry Dixon, Engagement and Participation Worker from Compass GO
- Jo Nejrup, Commissioning Manager, Disabilities and Mental Health
- Kirsty Rekhraj, parent carer from North East Lincolnshire’s Parent Carer Forum (NELPCF)
- Leanne Turner, Psychology Assistant from Compass Go
- Maureen Morris from Contact
- Nicola Chappel, Lead for the Parents Supporting Parents element
- Sadie Anjum, Assistant Psychologist, Community Educational Psychology Service
The practitioners and the parent carers felt that the everyone participated in the project, working together to improve the experiences of their children and young people within their individual school.
Parent carers said:
“There is more support than I realised.”
“Loved being listened to.”
“Things are moving forward.”
“[It’s good to know] that you are not alone, there is help out there.”
“Good session, participation was welcomed.”
The next forums are at Grimsby Town Hall, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU.
The Infant & Primary Parents Supporting Parents Forum is on Tuesday 4 October from 9.30am – 11.30am.
The Secondary Parents Supporting Parents Forum is on Tuesday 4 October from 1pm – 2.30pm.
Dates for the diary
Please let us know if the following dates clash with any significant dates that would affect attendance.
PSP Forums Primary/Infant: 9.15 -11.30am Secondary: 1pm – 2.30pm
4 October 2022 Grimsby Town Hall
1 November 2022
7 December 2022 Christmas Celebration Event 9.30am – 2.30pm
10 January 2023
7 February 2023
7 March 2023
2 May 2023
6 June 2023
4 July 2023 End of Term Celebration Event 9.30am – 2.30pm
AIS and Neurodiversity Champions Network (draft)
12 October 2022
9 November 2022
18 January 2023
15 March 2023
3 May 2023
14 June 2023
Our team would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to the parent carers, school champions and all the practitioners who have been involved so far in the Autism in Schools project.
“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” Edward Everett Hale