11:41 am, Wednesday, 11th October 2023
Autism Central peer support and parent workshops
Are you looking for somewhere you feel listened to and understood? Autism Central is here to help.
The Autism Central Peer Education programme is for parents, carers and personal assistants of autistic people. Daisy Chain is the Regional Hub for North East and Yorkshire.
Support is provided by parents and carers of autistic people who are happy to share their knowledge and experience with others.
We are here to listen, offer guidance and tell you about services that are available in your local area.
Navigate you to services that can make a difference and empower you. Increase your knowledge, understanding and provide you with skills to last.
As part of the programme, Daisy Chain will provide weekly Parent Learning Opportunities and Links Parent Support Group (based in Stockton, held during term-time) with additional sessions set up in locations across North East and Yorkshire, and North East Lincolnshire.
Online learning workshops
As part of the Autism Central programme, Daisy Chain provides a range of online learning opportunities covering a variety of topics to help support individuals and families.
These online sessions are free and open to families living in the North East and Yorkshire. Autism Central offers families and carers of autistic people high-quality and easily accessible autism education, training, and support through peer educators, alongside a dedicated website. Peer educators are autistic people, and parents and carers of autistic people, who have been trained to support other families. Daisy Chain Project hub is delivering.
Autism Central in the North East & Yorkshire NHS England region. www.autismcentral.org.uk
These online sessions are free and open to families living in North East and Yorkshire.
Please see information below for each individual session, as times, days and delivery methods are varied. You can access our training sessions if you have a young person with traits, undergoing, or diagnosed with autism, ADHD, FASD or sensory processing differences.
- 6th October – Strategies to support eating / 10am-11:30am 13th October – ADHD / 10am-11:30am
- 20th October – Sensory / 10am-11:30am 23rd October – Girls and Autism / 5pm – 7pm
- 27th October – Communication strategies / 10am-11:30am 3rd November – Girls and Autism / 10am-11:30am
- 10th November – Visuals / 10am-11:30am
- 17th November – Introduction to Autism / 10am-11:30am 24th November – PDA / 10am-11:30am
- 1st December – Transitions – Preparing for Christmas / 10am-11:30am 4th December – Transitions – Preparing for Christmas / 5pm – 7pm 8th December – Intro to Autism / / 10am-11:30am
- 15th December – Parent/carer Wellbeing over Christmas / 10am-11:30am
- 22nd December – ADHD / 10am-11:30am
Book online: https://www.daisychainproject.co.uk/event/learning-workshops/
Please note, these details indicate the North East and Yorkshire but are also available to you in North East Lincolnshire.
Contact them at: email@example.com or call 01642 378461.