SEND Local Offer
We develop SEND services by working with the children and young people, their parents or carers and professionals. There are many ways engagement and co-production improves services. You are at the heart of all of them.
Engagement helps us understand your needs by listening to your views and opinions through surveys, conversations with our team, at events, and in many other ways.
Co-production involves actively working with you to produce quality support and services, from producing a document to planning an event.
All of it is important and highly valued. Conversations are just as important as formal surveys and feedback forms which is why we are always listening to you and the services you use to find out what’s working well and what can be improved.
We have five goals for what our communication and engagement will look like.
- Parents, carers and young people with SEND are actively encouraged to be involved in all aspects of the identification, assessment and provision processes in relation to SEND.
- There is a consistent approach from the local authority, CCG and wider system to engaging with our stakeholders.
- Professionals have a shared language when it comes to talking about and sharing messages around SEND.
- Our Local Offer enables parents/carers, professionals and young people to find the support they need.
- We use our communication and engagement to celebrate the achievements of children and young people with SEND.
There are many ways you can get involved to help shape SEND services.
What you say makes a huge impact. When you tell us what you like, want and need we can give you content and services that suit you. We want everyone to be represented so everyone can have their say and benefit equally.
As a result of working with us you benefit from quality services and support to enrich your life. We see needs as they arise, enabling us to adapt and bring positive changes to you sooner.
Watch this space! There’s more to come.
We are currently developing this page. If you would like to suggest content please use the Local Offer feedback form.