Communication and interaction: Young people
If you need extra support with communication and interaction you need to speak to your school Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) or the SEND Outreach Team.
About the team
The SEND Outreach Team is made up of an advisory teacher and Project Workers who specialise in learning and communication and interaction.
If your school has concerns about you or your learning, the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) may ask someone from the SEND Outreach Team to become involved with you.
If this happens, they will work with you, your parents or carers and your teachers, to find ways of helping you to do well at school.
How we will help you
Here are some of the ways they can help you, in school:
- talk to you about your opinions and feelings and your hopes for the future
- try to understand your point of view
- observe you in the classroom and work out how your class or subject teacher could help you more
- work through some tasks with you which will show your strengths and difficulties
- provide a report for you, your parents and carers and teachers, with lots of ideas on how everyone can help you
- check in with you each term, to see that you are making progress
If you think that somebody from the SEND Outreach Team can help you, it would be a good idea to talk about it to your parent or carer, your class teacher or your school’s SENCO.
SEND Outreach Team, Civic Offices, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes, DN35 8LN
Telephone: 01472 325950