3:02 pm, Monday, 29th November 2021
Autism in Schools Letter
UPDATE: The Autism in Schools events this week have been cancelled. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Schools will be contacted with new dates.
This letter went out to the ten local schools that were successful in their bid to be a part of the Autism in Schools Project.
Come to one of the introductory sessions below to find out more and get involved.
The schools participating in Autism in Schools are:
- St. Josephs Catholic Primary Academy
- Weelsby Academy
- Littlecoates Primary Academy
- Bursar Primary Academy
- Ormiston Maritime Academy
- Queen Mary Avenue Infant School
- Signhills Infants Academy
- Woodlands Academy
- Wybers Wood Academy
- Havelock Academy
RE: Autism in Schools Project
As a parent/carer of a child with autism or neurodiverse needs you are invited to join an introduction about the Autism in Schools project which your child’s school is taking part in. Your child’s school was selected to be a part of the programme set to improve support for youngsters with autism. The programme is part of a pilot in partnership with NHS England called ‘Autism in Schools’ and will include up to ten local schools. The aim is to provide an uplift in support across the academic year, creating a more autism-friendly ethos and changing the approach to autism across the entire school system with coordinated funding, specialist practitioners and awareness raising.
The project is aimed at a Child or Young Person (CYP) between 5-18 (25) years and in mainstream education settings. This project will focus on the following elements:
- Autism in schools’ approach and support programme (including alternative CAMHs)
- Parents Supporting Parents Forums (school-based)
- Understanding Myself engagement work with children, young people and young carers
- Autism & Neuro training offer
The aim of this introduction session is to explain more about the project and how you can be involved in making positive changes by working with your child’s school.
The dates for these events are as follows, refreshments will be provided, and we look forward to seeing you there.
- 30th November at Cleethorpes Leisure Centre, 09:30-10:00 and 13:30-14:00
- 1st December at Grimsby Town Hall, 09:30-10:00 and 13:30-14:00